Esom DJ Academy is the ultimate DJ school you have been looking for. Our DJ program is the most Suitable and perfect for all levels of people seeking to learn to DJ whether they are complete beginners or intermediate DJ’s.
No matter what level you’re at, be it beginner or advanced. On your first day of class at Esom School of Music, your Trainer will evaluate your current skill level and determine which level it falls under in our DJ Mixing and training curriculum and work with you from there to the top. You will Work side by side with your instructor/trainer and complete each level at your own pace. Our instructors are highly experienced DJs and more importantly, they love to teach.
We offer expert help, advice and training and make it easy for you to learn all the secrets involved in professional DJing whether you are using Laptop mixing with Traktor, Virtual DJ or Serato, and set you on the right track to being a professional DJ within no time.
We provide you with knowledge and facilitate your ability to mix, blend and program songs cleanly and crystal clearly alongside each other creatively.
We specialize in and emphasize on one-on-one private lessons, with the aim of ensuring effective understanding of the DJ Skills passed on to you by your trainer.
After completing all the levels of the DJ Mixing Curriculum that are availed to you in our curriculum, you will be well on your way to whatever kind of DJ career or artistic path you desire.
The time to complete this course is based on your own progress, along with your instructor advancing you through each level. Upon completion, you will receive the DJ Mixing Certificate
THE DJ COURSE OUTLINE
INTRO TO DJING
- Djing definition
- Types of Djs
- Reasons why people join Djing
- Music styles with their BPMs
- Virtual deck features
BASIC MIXER CONTROL
- Mixer features
COMMON MISTAKES TO AVOID
- Reading the crowd
- Selecting your music
- Banishing mixer setting problems
INTRODUCTION TO HARDWARE
- Pitch bending
- Working with the cue
- Dj Mixer controllers
- Adjusting the pitch
- Different styles of scratching
- Cross fader movements
- Sound systems
- Troubleshooting sound
KNOWING THE BUSINESS
- Recording a mix , How to take over
ONLINE REGISTRATION: CLICK HERE
|Course Duration||3 Months|
|Lesson Frequency||Once a week|
|Lesson Duration||1 hour|
|Lesson Fees||UGX 600,000|
Note: Fees are paid in a maximum of 2 installments.
DJ tips or techniques
- Scratching: Opening and closing the cross fades becomes more difficult the moment you try to move it faster. First move it slowly then go on increasing the speed, by this you can perfect the scratch.
- Develop a style: The tunes/songs you chose to play and how you play them work together to define your Dj-style. Your style should be expressed depending on what dub you are playing and in the type of music that is expected of you.
- Respect the crowd: Developing your style is extremely important; however you still need to have in mind the type of people you are playing for.